On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of coronavirus, known as COVID-19, to be a global pandemic. Since then, the outbreak has evolved rapidly with state governments around the country taking swift action to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In response, Whitsunday Escape (the Company) is providing the following coverage for COVID-19 under our extenuating circumstances policy to help protect our customers (the Charterer) and provide peace of mind.
Objectives of this policy:
- The Company understands that there is a degree of uncertainty regarding travel at the moment due to COVID-19.
- The Company aims to provide confidence for our charterers as well as security to our investors and the Company.
The following decisions can be made by the Company or the Charterer, within 14 days of charter start date:
- If the primary charterer or approved skipper is NOT able to travel to us due to any Federal or State Government Travel Restriction, Whitsunday Escape will offer a deferment or full refund of fees paid for services not yet received.
- If the primary charterer or approved skipper IS able to travel to us, however 50% or more of the named crew are NOT able to travel to us due to any Federal or State Government Travel Restriction, Whitsunday Escape will offer a deferment or full refund of fees paid for services not yet received.
- If there is a Federal or State Government Travel Restriction (such as a border closure, or named hotspot) which will make it unlikely for the charterer to be able to travel to us for their booking, Whitsunday Escape reserves the right to return a booking to HOLD status:
- Whitsunday Escape will notify the charterer of this decision.
- The Charterer will have the option to cancel their booking and be offered a deferment or a full refund of fees paid for services not yet received.
- The booking will be subject to the Whitsunday Escape Hold Conditions meaning that Whitsunday Escape will quote out the boat to any interested parties. If there is an interested party ready to pay for the booking, the Charterer will be given the first right of refusal, having 24 hours to decide to keep the booking or give it up to the interested party.
- Should the Charterer give the booking up, they are entitled to a full refund.
- Should the Charterer decide NOT to give the boat up, they will be subjected to the Whitsunday Escape Standard Cancellation Policy. Fees will be non-refundable.
Federal or State Government Travel Restrictions (examples):
- The Queensland Government declares your area to be a Hotspot and closes the border to you.
- If you are required to quarantine in order to enter Queensland.
- Your area is ordered to be in a lockdown, and you are not permitted to leave.
- Your State Government requires that you quarantine on return.