COVID-19 Update from Whitsunday Escape
In response to the escalating and unprecedented events around the spread of COVID-19, we want to take this opportunity to reassure you that Whitsunday Escape is doing all we can to ensure you have a happy and safe holiday.
Our management team have been closely monitoring the situation and are following the official health and workplace advice provided by the Australian Government and relevant authorities.
The team at Whitsunday Escape is committed to looking after your health.
We continue to take all necessary precautions to protect our customers, allowing you to
‘Escape with Confidence’
At the moment we are business as usual and we can think of no better place to self-isolate than on a boat in the Whitsundays!
While the Whitsundays isolation is a natural barrier to the spread of COVID-19, Management have implemented additional measures that further reduces the risk:
- Your boat has been cleaned to the latest hygiene protocols and everything on-board has been cleaned/wiped down using hospital-grade disinfectant.
- All cleaning staff use Personal Protection Equipment while cleaning.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser is provided for your personal on-board protection.
- Hospital grade disinfectant spray is available under the sink for your use during charter.
- All supplied linen is treated using a high temperature thermal disinfectant process.
- When arriving for check-in, we ask for only one person to enter the office to finalise paperwork.
- You may be required to wait outside for a short time if we are with another customer.
- The counter, eftpos machine and any other areas of use are wiped down with hospital-grade disinfectant after each check-in.
- Marina access passes are cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant when returned.
At the time of your briefing, if you or your crew have any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please advise Whitsunday Escape.
Our staff are not permitted to complete a briefing with anyone suspected of being infected.
While many shops around Australia are showing bare shelves, the local stores within the Whitsundays are not the most hard-hit.
In saying this, the limits applied to some goods can be restrictive if shopping for numerous people for an extended period of time and no one likes being stuck in the shopping centre.
Due to this, we are strongly suggesting our charterers to organise provisioning through one of the local provisioning companies:
- Airlie Providores – homestyle ‘heat and eat’ dinners and a selection of fresh ready to cook options delivered to your boat.
- Whitsunday Provisioning – packages and a-la-carte options available and delivered to your boat.
- Coral Sea Cellars – bottle shop that delivers directly to your boat.
The Whitsundays remain a haven to relax and unwind in these difficult times, in an environment where nature is the ideal barrier.
On behalf of the Whitsunday Escape Team, we send our best wishes to you and your family.