Stop Daydreaming and Start Planning!
With COVID-19 restrictions easing around Australia, we are excited to help you plan your next Whitsunday Escape!
The Queensland Premier opened up the state on the 1st of June for intrastate travel and overnight getaways. This was great news for Whitsunday Escape, as it meant we were able to provide premium charter holidays once again.
Although the boats have been in hibernation for the past few months, our team have worked hard to get everything ready to welcome you back to the Whitsundays.
Our first guests set off on Sunday the 14th of June and we were beyond excited to see some well-known sails on the horizon.
Queensland is currently in Stage 2 of its Roadmap to Easing Queensland’s Restrictions, and Whitsunday Escape is looking forward to reaching Stage 3 on the 10th of July, when Queensland is set to re–open its border. We are expecting an update from the Premier at the end of this month.
This will allow us to welcome guests from further afield and we are eagerly anticipating being able to provide our Southern friends with a much needed tropical winter getaway.
Flight paths resume to the Whitsundays
Last week, it was announced that Alliance Airlines will be beginning flights from Brisbane to the Whitsunday Coast Airport in Proserpine.
This flight will take place 4 times a week with the first touch-down on the 22nd of June.
This coincided with the news that Jetstar was resuming flights from Brisbane to the Whitsunday Coast Airport from 27th of June.
We expect more flight paths to resume as further restrictions are eased!
The new normal
Many businesses have had to change their procedures in light of COVID-19.
Whitsunday Escape is now an accredited ‘COVID Clean Practicing Business’ and have taken all steps necessary steps to minimise the chance of exposure and have implemented the following:
- Prior to travelling to the Whitsundays if you, or someone you are in close contact with, experience any of the COVID-19 symptoms, you should not travel until you have been tested and return a negative test result.
- Only one person from your charter group is permitted to enter the office to complete the check-in.
- The Whitsunday Escape check-in desk is thoroughly disinfected after each check-in.
- Only one customer is permitted to collect any pre-ordered snorkelling gear from the dive shop (located below the Whitsunday Escape office).
- Only two guests from each group are to attend the briefing. Please note, any group from the same household is considered as one person. Other members of your group may want to go for a walk into Airlie Beach, enjoy a coffee at a café or take children to a playground.
- You will be required to provide details of all guests including name, address and phone number. One household only requires one phone number.
- Your boat has been cleaned to the latest hygiene protocols and everything on-board has been cleaned/wiped down using hospital-grade disinfectant.
The team at Whitsunday Escape is committed to looking after your health.
We continue to take all necessary precautions to protect our customers, allowing you to
‘Escape with Confidence’