Before departure, raise the dinghy out of the water and ensure:
- all extra lines are secure before starting the engines. Loose lines pose a risk of prop wraps.
- Always tie brace lines tight before underway so the dinghy does not damage itself or the boat by swinging back and forth.
- The dinghy is not insured when underway or overnight, if not secured in the davits.
- No person or child is permitted into a dinghy when suspended in davits!! The fittings will fail and cause serious injury to you or crew.
- Always check fittings before lifting dinghy to ensure secure.